Maine Recovery Hub
Portland Recovery Community Center is home to the Maine Recovery Hub, an initiative that supports developing recovery community centers throughout Maine. We are working to develop a statewide network of peer recovery support services, recovery coaches, public education, prevention efforts, and advocacy. Together we are building hope and support for people in and seeking recovery throughout Maine.
The Maine Recovery Hub:
- Supports eight state-funded recovery community organizations that provide recovery support services in their communities.
- Offers help and guidance to communities looking to open recovery community centers.
- Develops peer recovery coaching infrastructure
- Recovery Coach Academies
- Continuing education (Ethics, Coaching in the emergency room)
- Oversees the implementation of a Maine Board Certification for recovery coaches
- Maintains a state-wide recovery data platform.
- Maintains up-to-date list of substance use disorder prevention, treatment and recovery resources.
- Supports prevention program through Prime for Life classes.